PURPOSE: Responsible for design and implementation of control systems that provide safe, efficient, and cost effective automation to Sauder’s manufacturing equipment. Applicant will be assigned to projects that range from retrofits of small existing equipment to new production lines with multiple PLC's, control cabinets, and operator interfaces.
1. Develops control concepts while collaboratively working with manufacturing teams and management for internally designed and fabricated equipment as well as equipment purchased from outside vendors.
2. Plans and develops the AutoCAD electrical drawings for the wiring of the machine and control panels.
3. Plans and creates the PLC program necessary to control the machine.
a. Primarily Siemens S7, but also Siemens S5, Allen Bradley, and others.
4. Plans and programs the HMI supervisory controls.
a. Primarily Siemens, but also Wonderware and others.
5. Commissioning of control systems working collaboratively with installation and maintenance teams.
6. Provides documentation and training to maintenance and manufacturing teams for the safe operation and maintenance of the equipment and control systems.
7. Provides troubleshooting assistance to maintenance and manufacturing on a wide variety of equipment and control systems in use in our facilities.
8. Provides consulting services to manufacturing for commercially purchased equipment to assist in determining how purchased systems will be able to be integrated into our current manufacturing processes.
1. Good leadership, organizational as well as written and verbal communication skills.
2. Positive attitude and the ability to deal effectively with all people in a collaborative team environment.
3. Flexibility and an ability to adapt to the changing needs of the department and company.
4. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university, or Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 2-4 years of experience, or combination of education and experience.