Sauder Press Release
Sauder High Point Market Introductions
Sauder showroom will feature nautical, wall-mounted,
home office and entryway furniture prototypes.
ARCHBOLD, Ohio — Sept. 27, 2018 — This fall at High Point Market, Sauder is featuring a wide range of introductions that give consumers and retail customers more products that fit their needs. They will be available Oct. 13 to 17 in its High Point Market Showroom at 220 Elm St., one block west of Main Street between West Commerce Avenue and West Green Drive in High Point, North Carolina.
Sauder is showcasing:
- Vista Key prototype collection — The sophisticated coastal style incorporates expressive woodgrain, brushed nickel and leather accents for a luxurious appeal.
- Wall-mounted storage — Includes wall-mounted, small-space floating storage and compact pieces designed for consumers with limited floor space and busy lifestyles.
- Work-from-home solutions — The Hammond Collection in Emery Oak finish expands small office/home office (SOHO) offerings, and the new items in the International Lux Collection (see below) make a productive and glamorous home office.
- Entryway storage — Existing Sauder® collections add entryway storage that combines shoe racks, catch-all landings and basket storage in one versatile furniture piece.
- Anda Norr Collection — Available this fall, the Scandinavian-inspired collection features a mix of felt, wool and leather to give products visual interest and invite interaction, creating a warm and cozy environment.
Vista Key prototype collection
The Vista Key prototype collection has a sophisticated nautical style with design details that make it approachable yet exotic. The new Blaze Acacia finish and brushed nickel campaign-style accents give the collection a high-end aesthetic, introducing a new take on the traditional cottage style.
“The Sauder design team is always exploring ways to bridge the gap between style categories. We did it with the elegant farmhouse style of the Manhattan Gate Collection, and we’re doing it again with the introduction of the Vista Key Collection,” says Rachel Whitaker, principal designer at Sauder. “This collection combines traditional cottage and sophisticated nautical styles with yacht like accents, such as paneling and port mirrors.”
The Vista Key bedroom furniture includes a headboard, night stand, dresser and console. Pieces start at $119.99.
Consumers are looking for ways to maximize their space, so Sauder designed new wall-mounted items for three of its collections —Boulevard Café, Anda Norr and Harvey Park — to meet this growing demand. These introductions use zero or limited floor space and give walls a greater purpose for entertaining, storing or working.
- Work space: The Anda Norr Wall Mount Desk ($89.99) has a felt tack board, leather pull and comes fully assembled. The flip-down surface serves as a small-space desk and keeps desk supplies hidden when not needed.
- Clothes storage: The Boulevard Café Hanging Wardrobe ($229.99) includes a rod for hanging storage, a hinged mirror that conceals adjustable shelving and a perforated bottom shelf for shoe storage. It attaches to the wall and stands on two legs for ample clothing or entryway storage.
- Entryway storage: The Anda Norr Wall Storage ($159.99) features a rod behind a full-length mirror for hanging outerwear, such as jackets, hats and scarves. It attaches to the wall and stands on two legs.
- Bar and glassware display: The Harvey Park Wall Bar ($159.99) includes hidden storage and display shelves. A fold-down bar surface allows drink mixing and prep when open and hides bottles and glassware when closed.
- Indoor garden space: The Anda Norr Wall Shelving ($59.99) can be displayed in all four orientations with adjustable shelves to display plants. It also features a mirror for use in an entryway or bathroom.
- Anywhere shelf storage: The Boulevard Café Wall Shelf ($59.99) includes a flip-down shelf and open storage below for versatile living room, bedroom or entryway use.
Research shows 43 percent of the U.S. workforce currently works remotely to some degree.1 Sauder is making working from home a little more stylish with its new small office/home office introductions.
These introductions include several International Lux office pieces featuring the same glamorous metal details and hardware seen in the collection. The L-shaped desk takes on the best-selling silhouette, complete with an open architecture design for a less bulky, more feminine appearance. A lateral file also features the same elegant design details for matching home office solutions. Pieces begin at $119.99.
Sauder also expands its SOHO offerings with the Hammond Collection in the new Emery Oak finish. Pieces include an executive desk, L-shape desk, lateral file, credenza and library hutch. Pieces begin at $199.99.
To give consumers more affordable and stylish options for entryway storage, Sauder introduces new pieces in popular collections, including Harbor View, Barrister Lane, Cottage Road, Dakota Pass and Palladia.
Entryway storage units include essentials like shoe storage, a mirror, chalkboard, catch-all open surfaces and drawers or cabinets for additional storage. These items are perfect for creating an organized entryway or mudroom drop zone. All entryway storage units are equipped to include a wireless charging puck, USB charging port and AC power outlet, making them a convenient spot to charge electronics. Pieces start at $189.99.
Anda Norr Collection
The Anda Norr Collection is available to consumers on Sauder.com this fall.
Inspired by Scandinavian travels and Nordic designs, the Anda Norr Collection includes wood, wool and leather materials that add textural warmth and sound-dampening qualities. The simple shapes, soft colors and mixed textures evoke a comfortable and cozy environment. The soft touch points invite interaction and give the collection an approachable design.
The pieces feature light woodgrains and clever details with touches of neutral colors and strong linear patterns. Anda Norr contains living room and accent pieces, including entertainment credenzas, coffee tables, storage units, executive desks and upholstered seating. Pieces start at $89.99.
Sauder Woodworking Co. is the leading North American producer of ready-to-assemble furniture. A family-run business based in Archbold, Ohio, Sauder embraces sustainability measures that reuse and recycle more than 98 percent of its solid waste materials. Sauder combines more than 80 years of American manufacturing experience with expanded global sourcing capabilities to meet the needs of consumers and retail customers. The company currently offers nearly 50 furniture collections that enable everyone to experience the joy of affordable style. Follow us on instagram, Pinterest, Facebook Twitter and Youbute. For tips on affordable style, visit the Ideas blog. Learn more at Sauder.com.
1Flexjobs. 5 Reasons Remote Work Is Most Definitely on the Rise. Weiler Reynolds, Brie. August 3, 2017. https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/reasons-remote-work-is-not-in-decline/